Monday, February 07, 2005

Community & Connection

Kyle, (Reflections of Christ) gives a great example of how connected we can be through mediated interactions:
"I met Jen Lemen today. I've been lurking around her blog for years (it seems like at least). Great author, wonderful thinker. She was kind enough to participate in an e-interview I did with AKMA in a directed reading last semester - and she had some incredible thoughts.

"Meeting Jen was awesome. I feel as if I know her, at least a little, from everything I've read and from our emails back and forth. So the handshakes and face-to-face was wonderful. (She sounds and looks a little like our very good friend Aunt Patty in Colorado Springs - smile)

"But on the way out of the luncheon, she was at the door offering a blessing. She took my hand, and offered a very priestly blessing over me, my journey and God's work in my life. I was surprised at how deeply touched and moved I was. There was an intimacy present I hadn't expect."



BTW - My apologies to Kyle for adding an 'i' into his name (and thus giving him a sex change!).

1 Comments:

At 1:03 pm, February 07, 2005, Blogger Garth said...

Yes I have to admit that those I have semi regular blog contact with I also feel I know. I become interested in their non spiritual comments, what their lives consist of and enjoy this new aspect of connecting with people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home